Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
(this information will be updated regularly to reflect the current position)
I am beginning to wonder if someone or something is against Caravanning as I have to announce that I have just received an update from HQ withdrawing the Exemption Certificate with immediate effect and prohibiting Centres from holding any Rallies for the whole of July at the earliest.( Not including bookings on Commercial sites)
The reason given is that there is an order from the Government,which is to be written in to law,prohibiting ‘Gatherings ‘of more than 30 people. It had been believed that a rally would be exempt from that interpretation if no Social activities or group gatherings were arranged or allowed on the rally site,but HQ have now had another meeting and following advice from authorities have concluded that a Rally would fall foul of the directive against 30+ Gatherings .
As the Exemption Certificate is a pre requisite to Centres being able to run Rallies on Private land we have no alternative but to follow the instructions from The Caravan and Motorhome Club and cancel all rallies during July at the moment.
We have already had specific permission from Hendra that they would allow our holiday rally to continue,so at this time that continues as circulated as it does not require the Clubs Exemption Certificate.
As a result of the above ruling we have no alternative but to cancel the recently arranged Rally at Bitteswell over the weekend of 17 to 19th July and for anyone who has pre booked and paid the fee,Martyn Garnham will reimburse you by BACS as soon as he is able to do so.
The next meeting of the National Clubs committee is scheduled for the 20 th July when they will give further instructions for August onwards.As soon as we know the outcome we will let you know if Langton brewery rally can continue over the weekend of 7th to 9th August.
Can I once again apologise for this action.It is out of our hands,and despite all attempts to get you out on a rally field our efforts keep being thwarted.
Stay safe and we will see you on a rally field soon.
Kev Taylor. ( Chairman)
Update for anyone booked on the Hendra Holiday Rally. LCCMC committee & Marshals hope we can run this rally as planned, however the coronavirus situation is ever evolving, and as such no one can tell what will be happening in July.
We will follow Government and medical guidelines as they are updated and amended to allow us to make an informed , safe decision nearer the time.
Gary Brewin. Vice Chairman & Rally Marshal