Home Page of the Leicestershire Centre

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates

(this information will be updated regularly to reflect the current position)

I am beginning to wonder if someone or something is against Caravanning as I have to announce that I have just received an update from HQ withdrawing the Exemption Certificate with immediate effect and prohibiting Centres from holding any Rallies for the whole of July at the earliest.( Not including bookings on Commercial sites)

The reason given is that there is an order from the Government,which is to be written in to law,prohibiting  ‘Gatherings ‘of more than 30 people. It had been believed that a rally would be exempt from that interpretation if no Social activities or group gatherings were arranged or allowed on the rally site,but HQ have now had another meeting and following advice from authorities have concluded that a Rally would fall foul of the directive against 30+  Gatherings .

As the Exemption Certificate is a pre requisite to Centres being able to run Rallies on Private land we have no alternative but to follow the  instructions from The Caravan and Motorhome Club and cancel all rallies during July at the moment.

We have already had  specific permission from Hendra that they would allow our holiday rally to continue,so at this time that continues as circulated as it does not require the Clubs Exemption Certificate.

As a result of the above ruling we have no alternative but to cancel the recently arranged Rally at Bitteswell over the weekend of 17 to 19th July and for anyone who has pre booked and paid the fee,Martyn Garnham will reimburse you by BACS as soon as he is able to do so.

The next meeting of the National Clubs committee is scheduled for the 20 th July when they will give further instructions for August onwards.As soon as we know the outcome we will let you know if Langton brewery rally can continue over the weekend of 7th to 9th August.

Can I once again apologise for this action.It is out of our hands,and despite all attempts to get you out on a rally field our efforts keep being thwarted.

Stay safe and we will see you on a rally field soon.

Kev Taylor.  ( Chairman)

Following lengthy discussions with the Management at Hendra,I am delighted to announce that they have agreed to allow our Rally to go ahead in July.
This is dependent upon nothing changing between now and then in relation to Government guidelines allowing the site to open on the 4th July.
It should be understood that the site will be opening with limited facilities,and toilet/ shower blocks will not be available. It is also likely that the swimming pool and clubhouse will not be open.
Consequently,the site have insisted that only fully equipped Caravan and Motorhomes with internal toilet and shower facilities will be allowed onto the premises.
If any outfits that are booked on to the rally do not meet these requirements then unfortunately you will not be able to continue with your booking.
There will now be a new Marshall and Assistant in charge of the Rally,and they will be making contact with all Members who are still booked on to
the event.
Once contacted,you will need to confirm that you are definitely intending to attend the rally and you will given a final date to pay the remaining outstanding balance.
Alternatively,you should now make a final decision and inform us if you no longer wish to attend,in which case
Martyn Garnham
will refund your deposit once he has been furnished with your Bank details to allow BACS refund.
Please remember that all Government instructions in relation to Social Distancing must be practiced throughout, and there will be no social gatherings or group activities arranged during the rally.
Thanks for being patient,it looks like it may have paid off.
Kev Taylor
Covid 19 Update for Leics Centre of the Caravan and Motorhome Club.
It has been a few weeks now since I last notified members of the actions/ intentions of your Committee in regards to the current situation around Covid 19 and the impact it has had on our Caravan lives.
As you know we took the decision early on to cancel all activities until the end of June. This has been vindicated by the evolving situation with the pandemic,and in some ways,with the horrors of the disease becoming real,perhaps Caravanning is the least of our worries.
However,I did say that we would keep you informed,so this is our current position.
We are obviously making all decisions in line with Government instructions and advice from The Caravan Club,and it is obvious that we are still some way short of being anywhere near back to normal,and a resumption of Rallying as we know it.
The easiest decision would be to just cancel every Rally and function until the end of the year, but we are also acutely aware that members have been badly affected by the lockdown and any hope of being able to venture out in their vans at some point remains a precious hope.
Presently though,despite an easing of lockdown restrictions,there are still tight rules around Social Distancing and meeting friends/family, and also many amenities are still closed for the foreseeable future.
If this was to continue for any length of time then all Rallies later in the year (Autumn/Winter) would have to be cancelled as no Socials would be allowed.
The most pressing problem is whether the holiday rally in July at Hendra can run.
We have tried not to knee-jerk into an early cancellation as we know how much families look forward to their annual holiday,but with the current 3 phase easing of the lockdown not allowing Caravan sites to open until the 4th July at the earliest it is making it difficult to know exactly what the situation will be when our rally is due to commence the following weekend (11th July)
However,we have had some contact with Hendra and they due to come back to us again by the end of May with their latest assessment,so we are intending to wait until after this contact to make a final decision.
However,it does look as if there will not be a full opening of the site and local amenities even if it is allowed to partially open,and we realise therefore that some Members who are booked on to the Rally will already have decided that it is not worth attending under these circumstances and would wish to cancel their booking.
Can I ask therefore that anyone booked onto the Hendra rally who definitely will not now attend,no matter what decision is taken,that they send an E.Mail to our Treasurer,Martyn Garnham,giving their bank details to him so that he can arrange to refund all monies already paid,back into your account by way of BACS transfer. Please be patient if taking this option as it will take time for him to process these .
This was a non refundable deposit,but in the current situation we think it only fair to reverse this and refunds be given.
For anyone else,still wanting to attend the rally if it is at all possible that it can run in some form or other,we will make a final decision ASAP after further contact with the site,as we are aware that families need to prepare,or amend holiday requests at work if not attending.
As regards other rallies,August onwards,we will notify you once evolving Government rules are known and any advice is updated from The Caravan and Motorhome Club as to whether it is safe to resume our programme.
Stay safe
Kev Taylor and Committee.

Update for anyone booked on the Hendra Holiday Rally. LCCMC committee & Marshals hope we can run this rally as planned, however the coronavirus situation is ever evolving, and as such no one can tell what will be happening in July.

We will follow Government and medical guidelines as they are updated and amended to allow us to make an informed , safe decision nearer the time.

Gary Brewin. Vice Chairman & Rally Marshal

Recent Announcements:

It is with a heavy heart that I now have to announce to all members that following the …
We have received a communication from CAMC headquarters regarding the Club’s policy on the outbreak of Coronavirus – …
The 2020 Leicestershire rally handbook can now be downloaded from our website. The E-book can be found under …
     Hi everybody, Following on from Moz’s success during his Chairmanship I have decided to again have an …

post logo Who we are…

Welcome to the home page of the Leicestershire Centre of the Caravan and Motorhome Club, we are one of 69 centres that are listed in the Caravan and Motorhome Club directory and handbook. If you are a member of the Caravan and Motorhome Club you may join us on any centre event and will be most welcome. 

read more…..

Forthcoming Events

VE Day 75th Anniversary 7th -10th May

Quick Links

Recent Photos:

previous arrow
next arrow
PlayPause
Shadow
Slider